Get New Look at Museum
09 13 12 CT
Displays at Grand River Historical Society Museum continue changing, and
one of the latest ventures is creating text panels that explain in detail
the exhibits being viewed.
With curator Pam Clingerman, is a Chillicothe
Fire Department display containing history of the department and a number
of items used over the years, including some when horses were the method
of transportation to the fires.
A new display added to the museum recently was a dining suite
(below), dating back to the 1800s, provided by former Chillicothe resident
Ferd Lightner. The walnut table was constructed in 1864, and the burled walnut
and caned chairs date back to 1832.
The museum is open from 1 until 4 p.m.
on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.